I don’t have it in me to bang out a full entry – so to kick-off your weekend, I thought I’d just tick through some things I’m thinking about lately, deep thoughts by KittyTime:
1. I can’t wait for Halloween and started obsessing over what my sweet girl will be dressed up as – about three weeks ago. I love that I can still decide what she’ll wear but I also love that she’s older now, so I will pick something I know she’ll love. Yes, I know it’s like three months away.
2. I am OBSESSED with Christmas cards and you better believe I’ve already started thinking about ours this year. Trust me. I have. And yes, it was 120 degrees this week with the humidity but I was still thinking about Christmas. Bet you thought it was strange that I was obsessing over Halloween until you read this!
3. I cannot wait for fall clothes but despise people who bust out in fall clothes before it’s time for it. For example, short sleeve turtlenecks. We have record breaking heat in DC – why are people wearing them? It’s still August – though I still don’t find it appropriate in September until it’s cool enough. You might be able to wear white any time of year now, but I don’t want to see people in fall clothes until well after Labor Day.
4. I think I have an internet shopping problem. Who has time for real stores anymore? So I shop online. But I either fill up my online basket with like $2K worth of goods and ultimately never buy any of it – but really – isn’t there some satisfaction in going that far and actually believing you will buy those things? What would a shrink say about me? Or I buy online and ultimately return 3/4 of what I buy. And yet still don’t learn my lesson that online shopping is not, in fact, the smartest way to go. There’s just something so satisfying about filling up those virtual shopping carts.
5. And finally, here’s the whopper. My husband claims that we can afford to live on just one salary and I could stop working any day – but as the rubber hits the road – I’m not entirely sure I’ve got the nerve to pull the trigger and instead have a host of reasons why now is not the best time for that. I’m also not convinced we could really afford to live on just his salary and maintain our lifestye.
So there you have it Kittens, deep thoughts of mine.